Continued economic growth is critical to maintaining the high quality of life that has attracted us all to Fairfax. We have weathered the recent recession and are in a position to capitalize on opportunities if we make the right investments with our time and money.
- Support our Schools: Rebuild aging schools and provide sufficient funds to maintain our top-rated school system.
- Emphasize Workforce Development: Work with private and public sector stakeholders to expand career and technical training opportunities so that interested high school students can learn immediate job skills.
- Foster Business Creation: Expand efforts to assist small business and ensure the County remains attractive to entrepreneurs by reducing red tape that increases costs and deters growth.
- Collaborative Governance: Seek consensus with my fellow Board members to balance community needs while fighting to hold down property taxes, so that Fairfax stays competitive with other job markets.
- Concentrate on our Strengths: Focus on expanding our medical and information technology industries to attract new high-paying jobs to Fairfax County.
- Increase Tourism Opportunities: Enhance the County’s tourism industry by working with the business community to build a sportsplex to host athletic tournaments and a conference center to attract business visitors.
- Ensure Effective and Efficient Government: Annually re-evaluate County programs to seek savings and improve efficiency.